Careers and Jobs At Cana
Cana currently has an opening for a position as an Office Administrator. If you are interested, you can email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position Description: Office Administrator
Updated December 07, 2022
Reports to: Pastor, Ministers
Position type: Full Time Support Staff, Hired, Salary
Cana is seeking a cheerful, confident, and capable Office Administrator to manage and operate the church’s front office and administrator functions. The successful candidate will have experience with bookkeeping (though the job is not as a bookkeeper), be a problem-solver, and will be able to anticipate and organize the administrative division of Cana’s business needs. The successful candidate will provide administrative support to all ministry operations and bridge the gap between the ministry of Cana and its organizational functions.
Benefit package with medical; Monday to Thursday work week
- Maintain a consistent Christian witness
- Possess a positive attitude and willingness to work.
- Possess adequate administration skills to organize and prioritize tasks based on the staff’s agenda.
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Google Workspace along with the ability to learn specialized digital tools like Aplos, ProPresenter, and Adobe Suite.
- Possess good to great written and oral communication skills.
- Possess aptitude to read, negotiate, and research contracts and business opportunities.
- Be familiar with and able to be an expert in Planning Center Suite.
- Possess aptitude to operate copy machine, make phone calls, operate/program phone system, receive office visitors, and manage office space.
- Have bookkeeping experience. This is not a bookkeeping position, but candidate will manage printing and preparing reports for meetings.
- May NOT be a Cana Church member or attendee
Role and Responsibilities:
- Produce print media and distribute as needed.
- Assist staff in communication, planning, and calendaring tasks
- Manage the church calendar and building access
- Run errands including outside-the-office errands.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Manage contracts and contractor correspondence
- Setup/program/manage phone system
- Distribute digital media weekly as needed
- Answer phones, distribute mail, and host office visitors.
- Complete a yearly staff review and participate in 100 Day Goal setting
- Interact with the bookkeeper
- Accomplish other duties as assigned by the pastor